Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Life Story

I always rant (blog) about things i like talking about... but how about writing something that will actually benefit me? The real reason for having created this blog. get ready, friends.
So, my english teacher writes for the 'Washington Post', which is like second best next to 'The New York Times' according to me and my preferences. I asked her today how one could prosper in the writing world and she said writing BLOGS and COMMENTING on other blogs would be a good start so i told her that i had already gotten that down. Then she said to get involved in the school paper (which I wasn't interested in doing because i am way too dedicated to art... and i heard it's a boring class, to be truthful). I have half. A lot of people ask me, 'Why don't you become a doctor like the others in your family?' or 'Will you or are you going to an Ivy League college like your family?' Those are the unanswerable questions, seeing as how i tend to live in the moment. Yes, it would be rather nice to be a doctor, and yes, it would be nice to go Ivy, but what happens if I don't get anything? My cousins went to Brown, Harvard, George Washington, and Oxford University, to name a few. What I would like to know is, what do you do with an ivy league education when you have no idea how to use it? You know, like if you haven't decided on a job or future after studying at a 'top college'? I feel that I will be put into such a situation unless I am 'discovered' for some kind of capability, maybe writing, or composing music... perhaps art. Who knows? I think blogging will be my answer. All my thoughts are on display and my writing is being shown to the public. Here's some writing that I hope can change the way you view a blog- it's not a happening, it's a mind's result.

         "The kids all dream of making it, whatever that means"- The Arctic Monkeys 'Teddy Picker'. The quote that describes my generation. "The youth is starting to change"- MGMT 'The Youth'. A quote that describes my generations needs. Music, books, movies and revolutions, fill the minds of the youth with subjects of matter that can easily frustrate. "The Iranian situation: Conflict in Tehran... people have been injured, many wounded... demonstrators take to the streets..."- all that my generation hears as the news channel is turned on. "Buddhist army"- WHAT THE H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS IS THAT?! Has our world really come to this? Imagine Ghandi telling us to fight in a war or take a machine gun to Gaza... is that right? Never shall we think so unless the nations have denied us peace. When I say 'us' i mean the youth, or, my generation, also called the 'youtube generation'. We find ourselves maturing at an alarming rate of speed. It's quite scary though, to be frank. I'm afraid that by the time we all 'age', the world will either blow up or deteriorate along with civilizations. What's sad is that many youngsters are anticipating their death in a reasonable fashion. Kids, teenagers, young adults- all of the youth pretty much, believe that 2012 is our last year. Some are excited. Some are sad. Some just don't understand period. "I'm happy. It just means I won't have anymore bills to pay... no more of those stupid taxes... pssh, the government don't tell us anything," Martha told me one day,"Who knows what the government is keeping from us anyway?" she continued. "There could be aliens," I added. "There could be- and we would never know," Martha finished off with. She is one of the coolest people I know. She thinks in a certain way that none else could comprehend unless you understand the subject on hand very well. Isn't it disturbing that money will drive people to thinking that life isn't worth living long? Whatever happened to living as long as you can while drinking green tea and doing yoga?
          It started in 1969, 'The Summer of Love'. Woodstock was like the center of the world to hippies, youth advocates, and [young] people who had nothing else to do. 4 Days of Peace and Music. Of course this summer of love was unfortunately followed by the summer of hate. Woodstock was then recreated in the 90's... 1996, right? Anyways, I wish I could have experienced the one and only experience- the Hendrix experience. oh yes. Sadly, much of our youth did not get the chance to experience many of the once in a lifetime happenings because... well... we are the youth! Plus, many of histories artistic icons didn't get to live to today because of unnatural causes- drugs. Drugs such as LSD and cannabis led to inspiration according to many bands and musicians of the time (even some bands now). It ultimately led to the death of many of the 'big guys' such as Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, even Janis Joplin. Now you don't have to be an icon to use 'magical' drugs. You can be the person next door, the bored kid in suburbia, or the curious teen. When our world winds down to a soon doom, so does the youth. On top of that we've got economical problems and nations making other countries targets for nuclear bomb tests. So using the magical drugs to make you feel good, relaxed, and in a different, better world, makes sense. It's not good... but makes sense. The Youtube generation should be called the 'Recurrence of the Hippie Generation'. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment