Sunday, May 30, 2010

Where I'm Mentally Living

I'll say this now, I've never been to South America (unless my parents have something to hide about my childhood). I've never been but I've had every intention of going as soon as possible- desperately. My dream right now is to be in Brazil- a place I'd like to call home- living out the dream I've always had. You know how in movies, the suspect to a crime always runs off to 'Rio'? Ok- my intentions are not to run off to Rio in order to escape becoming a convict... though that's what every crime movie seems to think of most non-Brazilian residents there. I want to live where homes look like this;

But men look like Marlon Teixeria.
This all sounds crazy... like Fantasy Football, except this has beautiful countries and male models in substitute for american football teams. This may also sound like a dream, but I'm determined to make it a reality one of these days. It's funny though, because day and night, all I've thought about is being in Brazil, traveling in Argentina, making Colombian friends, sailing near the coasts of Chile, learning in Venezuela, and becoming someone in Peru. So this isn't a fantasy, seeing as how this has all been planned out. Once my torture sentence in a facility called school is over, I plan on living it up away from what I am familiar with. I want my life to be an oxymoron with no boundaries.
I'm not going to be one of those tourists who wear cargo pants, takes pictures of EVERYTHING, and hopes to seem so cool and cultured just because they're surrounded by native children (that all annoys me like crazy). I'm going to wear whatever everyone else is wearing in order to blend in. I'm going to learn how to effing speak Portuguese. I'll get jumped into an Amazon Tribe, if that's what it takes. As long as where I'm mentally living soon becomes where I'm physically living.

No comments:

Post a Comment